In the automotive industry, it is almost unheard of re-introducing an older model in the market to address customers grievance. But Yamaha has just done that by re-launching the first generation Yamaha R15 v1.0 in India as “R15-S”, with few similar features of current version v2.0.
The bike would be sold alongside the current version and retails at INR 1.14 lacs (Ex-showroom, New Delhi).
However, re-introducing V1.0 out of nowhere is so unexpected, it’s giving tough competition to some similar, equally unexpected past events like…
1. Meat Ban.
The Ghanta Awards (@theghantas) March 3, 2015
2. Maneka Gandhi remarks on men.
3. Bajaj Discover stuck on a high tension line.
4. Rhino chasing a motorcycle on public streets.
5. Apple Pencil.
Gonzalo Romero (@GonzaloETC) September 9, 2015
6. Aamir’s bike turning into a boat in Dhoom 3.
7. MLA in Rajasthan telling people not to wear the helmet… while attending a seminar on road safety.
8. When a movie first day creates a massive traffic jam in Gurgaon.
9. Robots to manage traffic in Meerut city in UP.
and who can forget the famous test ride that turned into the national news…
Let’s take some time to process the weirdness going around us.
Coming back to R15-S, the bike will be available in 3 colors: red & white, white & black and black/green and would carry over few important features of current V2.0, like aluminum swing arm, 5 spoke alloys, wide rear tire, exhaust and brakes.
Source: Yamaha Nepal FB Page
But do you think that by bringing back the older version, Yamaha has silently acknowledged that the current R15 V2.0 is, in fact, a bike with too aggressive sitting posture for daily use?
Have something interesting to add to this story? Comment below and let us all know.