The year 2015 was full of automotive buzz with lots of new bike launches, big motorcycling events and some record breaking sales. Year 2016 looks even more exciting as motorcycle industry continues to grow further and get more mature for Indian riders.
However, to bid a hearty goodbye to 2015, we have compiled the best of the news and motorcycling stories that happened in last 365 days and are worth looking back. Some of them are hilarious, some are heartbreaking and few are down right amazing. Have a look.
PS: The events listed are not in the order of occurrence.
1. Hero Moto Corp. sold more than 300,000 bikes worth 1,500 crores on snapdeal.com within 10 months.
News Source | Image: Snapdeal
2. Ducati re-enters India with world’s biggest showroom in Gurgaon.
3. India’s first two-wheeler taxi startups like Baxi and M-Taxi launch operations in Gurgaon.
5. Benelli (in partnership with DSK motowheels) enters India with 5 motorcycles launch.
6. Petrol price changed 18 times in 2015. Lowest in Feb at INR 56.49/ltr & highest in June at INR 66.93/ltr (Delhi).
Traffline Hyderabad (@TrafflineHyd) October 7, 2015
8. Mahindra Mojo launched after 5 long years of testing phase at an introductory price of 1.58 lacs (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Image: Mahindra Two Wheelers
Image: Yamaha India
11. Hero Moto Corp. founder Mr. Brijmohan Lall Munjal dies. He was 92.
Image: Hero Moto Corp.
12. Worst floods in 100 years hit Chennai. Royal Enfield, Yamaha, TVS and other automobile makers suffer major production loss.
Image: India Today
13. 200 units of limited edition Royal Enfield motorcycle ‘Despatch’ sold in just 26 mins in an ‘online-only’ sale. RE launches its own e-commerce website.
Image: Royal Enfield
14. Couple caught having sex on a bike in Goa. Fined Rs. 1000 by police.
15. Federation of Motorsports Clubs of India (FMSCI) gets government recognition under ‘Other Sports” category.
News Source | Image: suzukigixxercup.in
16. Hero Moto Corp. donates 100 units of 150cc motorcycles ‘Achiever’ to Nepal as part of earthquake relief material.
Image: Hero Moto Corp | ndtv.com
17. A guy on Bullet gets accused of teasing a girl at a traffic light. Incident authenticity is still unclear. Charge sheet filing pending by Delhi police.
18. Kawasaki launches Ninja H2 at INR 29 lacs (ex-showroom, Delhi) in India. Mahendra Singh Dhoni buys one of first 5 units.
Image: Kawasaki | facebook.com/CircleofCricket.MSDhoni
19. Bangalore gets country’s first bike ambulance. 30 units costing 2 lacs each, to be in service initially.
20. 1 crore units of Honda Activa sold. The first scooter model ever to cross this milestone.
Image: Honda Motorcycles & Scooter Limited
Image: Best (Bangalore Exotic Superbike Team)
22. Pawan Munjal (Director, Hero Moto Corp.) becomes highest paid director in India with 44 crores per annum pay package.
Did we miss out anything? Let us know in the comments
ALSO SEE: OMG! Yamuna Expressway is on sale