1. It has India’s longest (165 kms, 6 lanes), access controlled expressway.
Riding on this expressway is pure awesomeness. Most of the road users follow lane discipline and there are no street dogs or cows to look out for. The speed limit is 100 kmph but it takes a really willful man to stick to it.
2. And even longer and broader expressway (302 kms, 8 lanes) is under construction, the upcoming Agra-Lucknow Expressway.
Once finished, 500 kms road trip of Lucknow-Delhi via Agra would be doable in just under 6 hours.
3. India’s first and only, Buddh International Circuit.
India’s only FIA Grade 1 race circuit is in Greater Noida, UP. Enough said.
4. State has the longest network of highways in India (a total of 35)
Uttar Pradesh has a total of 7,818 kms of Tarmac for you to plan a trip in any direction.
5. And the biggest choices of great roadside food and eatery joints.
Dishes like dal makhani, mattar paneer, stuffed parathas with butter, Dahi, Kulfi and some elaichi wali chai is always available in various dhabas you stop by. And lying on a charpayi under a tree after that fulfilling delicious lunch is a heaven itself.
6. India’s first “911 like” 24×7 independent highway patrol agency proposed.
To be trained under New Zealand police and uniforms designed by fashion designers, U.P. coppers will soon get an international makeover as highway emergency response unit for those unforeseen situations on roads.
7. Every great U.P. city is easily accessible by road.
Whether you are on a spiritual trip or want to ride to places having rich history and legacy, cities like Varanasi, Allahabad, Mathura, Agra, Kanpur are in or around just 350 kms radius from state capital city Lucknow.
8. U.P. even shares an international border with Nepal.
Ride your bike to a new country in no time. It’s almost hassle free to cross the border from Sonauli, a U.P city located 90 kms from Gorakhpur, into beautiful Nepal. You can get a travel visa for 15, 30 or 60 days depending upon the political situation.
Have something interesting to add to this story? Comment below and let us know.