In a terrible incident caught on petrol pump CCTV, a KTM Duke is seen getting engulfed in fire while getting refuelled by a station attendant. Apparently, according to witnesses, the auto-shut safety mechanism of the fuel gun did not work because of which fuel got spilt onto the bike’s hot engine bay below, resulting in a huge ball of fire.
During this whole fiasco, what’s good to see is that other attendants and people around in the station were quick to react and doze off the flames. 2 attendants can even be seen putting off the fire from biker’s cloth on top left of the video at 0:35
This footage is a great reminder of why we should get off the bike while get it refuelled. A Little bit of common sense and presence of mind can save your life from such disasters.
Video Courtesy: Rush Lane
Have something interesting to add to this story? Comment below and let us know.