A little common sense and alertness can save you money while you get fuel for your bike at any petrol station.
There have been incidents where people get lesser mileage than usual after filling up from a particular petrol station. While, there could be many factors like riding conditions & bike performance, but if you notice a drastic drop in your bike mileage, it could be because you got cheated while refuelling last time.
This illustration clearly sums up how some petrol attendant cleverly dupe bikers by distracting them and dispensing lesser amount of fuel than what customers pay for.
A fool-proof way to fuel up your bike with right amount is very easy just by following these simple steps:
1. Clearly and loudly tell the attendant, the amount of fuel you want.
2. Make sure he repeats the amount you just told him for mutual confirmation.
3. ALWAYS see that he starts filling up only after re-setting the dispenser reading to “0”.
4. Do not get distracted until he finishes filling up your bike.
5. If a 3rd person approaches you with a sale offer/free stuff in between, tell them without taking your eyes off from the dispenser meter, to wait for few seconds.
6. Only after filling up and paying to the attendant, converse with the 3rd person. (by this time, the distractor would have left anyways)
Cover Image: 9w227.wordpress.com/huffingtonpost.in
Have something interesting to add to this story? Comment below and let us all know.